Caper (YC W16) Is Hiring a Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)

About Caper:

Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are a scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations, or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!

Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.

As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision – to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.

You are:
1. Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
2. Hard-working and care about self-growth
3. Passionate
4. Open-minded and eager to learn
5. Highly organized
6. Can work independently with limited supervision
7. Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
8. Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise

You have:
1. 3+ years of engineering experience
2. Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby
3. Experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting large scale systems
4. Experience with data structures and/or Unix/Linux systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration
5. Experience in Google Cloud, Azure, AWS or another major cloud platform
6. Knowledge of containers and orchestration using Docker & Kubernetes
7. Knowledge of configuration management in a large environment using Terraform, or other
8. Experience with CI tools such as Gitlab, Travis CI, Jenkins, Hudson, etc
9. Knowledge of monitoring best practices using tools like Grafana

You’re ready to:
1. Support and make sure features can easily be deployed into production
2. Use techniques like tooling and monitoring to improve the stability of the Android applications
3. Build automation tools and pipelines to automate operations
4. Support and interact with clients to solve problems
Conquer the world!

Above market salary and equity
Fully paid medical insurance
Unlimited snacks
Unlimited PTO

Go to see our website:
Apply for the job:

Comments URL:

Points: 1

# Comments: 0