NPR | Senior iOS Engineer | Washington, DC | Onsite (Preferred) or Remote (US Timezones) | Full-time | https://www.npr.org
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team!
Required Tech Skills:
– Proficiency in both Swift and Objective-C
– Strong Object-Oriented programming skills
– Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
– Experience working with RESTful APIs
– Experience working with Git
Other Required Skills:
– Creativity, initiative, thirst for innovation and acute attention to detail
– Ability to mentor and coach those more junior
– Vigor for crafting well-tested, well-documented and elegantly structured code
– Empathy for users and passion for crafting great user experiences
– Good oral and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
– Experience working with reactive programming frameworks, such as RxSwift or Combine
– Some familiarity with SwiftUI
– Experience working in an Agile environment
– Experience working with Continuous Integration platforms
– Experience with rapid prototyping
– Familiarity with UX/UI design
– A passion for NPR’s content and/or familiarity with our digital products
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you! Reach out with your resume to AAdams@npr.org and include “HN: Who’s Hiring” in the email subject. Alternatively, search for “Senior iOS Engineer” at https://www.npr.org/careers.