PrepScholar | Boston, MA | Onsite | Full-time | Product Manager | $100,000-$200,000
PrepScholar is hiring Product Managers!
PrepScholar’s mission is to improve education at scale through technology. Our flagship product is an SAT/ACT prep program that automatically learns the strengths and weaknesses of each student and creates an individualized learning program through machine learning. You can think of it as an automated tutor that provides a compelling learning experience at scale. We also have a large web presence with over two million monthly visitors to our free tools and articles.
We believe we have a major advantage over other companies in our space because of our technology-centered and analytical approach to education. We’re profitable and bootstrapped, and you’ll work on products that impact millions of students worldwide.
As a Product Manager, you’ll lead a full existing product line (department) at PrepScholar. Examples of departments you may run include our automated SAT prep product or our tutoring department. Think of this role as being the CEO of that entire department.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects that feed into that product’s P&L including: optimizing marketing, product, sales, and continuing technical improvements. You’ll oversee growth of the entire product, including opening up new marketing channels, developing lifetime customer value, expanding our range of product variations, and improving the program itself.
You will determine which ongoing projects have highest returns (ROI), expand those, and propose creative new projects. You will translate these projects into budgets for your product line, and be responsible for implementing the projects. The implementation includes making hires and managing teams, as well as working with engineers, marketing experts and test content creators.
* Build and manage a product roadmap for product launch and iterations
* Interface with engineers and test content developers to create the product
* Develop effective marketing materials for all our online channels
* Manage P&L and develop a strategic business plan to grow your product to a dominant position
Our ideal candidate has:
* Experience being responsible for P&L (e.g. running a department, running a startup or side-project with positive cashflow)
* Understanding of a broad array of marketing channels, including researching whether a channel is appropriate for a product, starting up new channels, and using tracking/metrics to prove positive ROI of a marketing channel
* Experience with SEO, content marketing, and Adwords
*Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and read more at http://www.prepscholar.com